Dragon Link Slot Review
Dragon Link Online Pokies Australia
Dragon Link is a series of pokies created by Aristocrat and these games are widely popular in land-based casinos. All the slots from this series are fairly similar to one another and you can’t go wrong regardless of the one you pick. However, it’s worth pointing out that there are some differences, especially when it comes to minimum and maximum bet values. Here we will discuss some of the iconic features of the series, go over a few tips and tricks and tell readers what to expect. Moreover, we will list where you can play Dragon Link online and offline in Australia.
Dragon Link Pokies Australia Gameplay
Although this is a series of different games and you should check out every single one of them, there are some features they have in common. They are all Asian-themed with 5 reels 3 rows and between 25 to 50 bet lines.
Another feature they have in common is hold and spin, and this one triggers during the bonus round. You’ll enter the bonus round once you get at least 6 of the flaming globe or sun symbols. Each of these symbols also has a number value displayed, and those will add up after the bonus round. You should use the hold and spin feature to get as many flaming globes as possible during the free spins round. If you release the button at the right time your winnings can accumulate significantly. The hold and spin are what make this series stand out, and it’s the reason many Aussies love dragon link pokies.
Dragon Link Slots Online Real Money RTP
It is difficult to gauge the exact RTP, especially since these games are currently only available in land-based casinos. According to some estimates from Nevada, the RTP is around 90%-92%, whereas other estimates put it around 95%. All things considered, it seems the RTP is slightly below average.
Dragon Link Pokie Machine Paytable
Here is a paytable from Dragon Link Happy & Prosperous, others are similar with the exception of unique symbols
|Symbol||2 on a betway||3 on a betway||4 on a betway||5 on a betway|
|Pot of Gold (Scatter)||N/A||2||10||100|
|Buddha Statue (Wild – substitutes any symbol except scatter and fire globes) It only appears on reels 2,3,4 and 5.||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
Flaming globes are symbols that are used to trigger the hold and spin features, and they all have different prizes or values. You need 6 or more to trigger hold and spin. During the hold and spin players can also win one of four possible jackpots – Mini, Minor, Major and Grand Jackpot.
Mini and Minor jackpots award a few hundred dollars while hitting a Major jackpot will give you several thousands up to $10,000. The Grand jackpot is a linked progressive jackpot and you can win it along with the Major jackpot. To trigger major and grand jackpot during the hold and spin you need to get 15 globes of fire. Whenever you trigger hold and spin feather you can extend it so long as you keep hitting new globes of fire on each spin.
Dragon Link Pokies Symbols and Features
The wild and scatter symbols are different in every version of the game, but they serve the same purpose. Collect 3 scatter symbols to enter free spins round, while wild symbols serve as a substitute for any symbol except for the scatter and fire/golden orbs
- Silk Road – Desert Wanderer is the wild, Camel is the scatter
- Panda Magic – Wild symbol is Panda and Scatter symbol is Lantern
- Golden Gong – Monk is wild, Golden Gong is scatter (once you get 3 golden gongs a new animation will load and the monk will hit the gong)
- Genghis Khan – Genghis Khan is wild, while Genghis Khan on horseback shooting an arrow is scatter symbol.
- Autumn Moon – Geisha is wild, Full Moon is scatter (get 3 full moons and they will turn red to usher the bonus round)
- Spring Festival – Emperor is wild, Golden Cap is scatter
- Golden Century – Buddha Statue is wild, Pot of Gold is scatter
- Peacock Princess – Princess is wild, Peacock is scatter
- Peace & Long Life – Old Hermit is wild, Golden Apple is scatter
Getting 3 or more unique symbols will trigger a bonus round in each game. The bonus rounds for each version are different as well. Some have low-paying symbols removed free spins, some have giant symbols and some have an increased number of wild symbols. You can also trigger hold and spin feature during these free spins.
Dragon Link Pokie Bonus Rounds
Hitting 3 scatter symbols is going to trigger the bonus round in any game from the Dragon Link series. As mentioned each free spin round will be slightly different.
- Panda Magic/Happy and Prosperous: Here you will get 6 free spins and lower-paying symbols (9,10, J, Q, K) are going to be removed for the duration of the round.
- Peacock Princess/Spring Festival – You get 6 extra spins and one symbol will appear on the middle 3 (3×3) reel. This will significantly increase hit frequency.
- Autumn Moon/Golden Century – 6 free spins with special symbols that will turn into the same symbol at the end of each spin.
- Genghis Khan/Peace and Long Life – 6 free spins and the number of wild symbols is doubled on reels 2,3,4 and 5.
Dragon Link Pokies Tips and Guides
There are two ways how you can approach Dragon link slot games.
- You can chase more consistent wins on bonus rounds
- You can chase jackpots and hold and spin feature
You can increase the value of your coins if you are chasing bonus rounds. This way anytime you score a win during free spins you’ll get higher rewards.
If you are chasing jackpots then lower the bet amount as much as possible. The idea here is to trigger as many hold and spin features as you can, and if you lower your bet amount you get more spins. In other words, you get more chances to enter hold and spin.
Where to Play Dragon Link Pokies Online Real Money Games?
If you are looking to play Dragon Link pokies online then you will have to look for some alternatives. This title is currently unavailable in online casinos, but you can try games like Dragon Line and Dragon Pearls.
You can play this slot in any land-based casino that hosts arcades from Aristocrat. Since these are all linked and have a shared progressive jackpot, the operators will likely have all versions of Dragon Link.
It’s easy to see why this release from Aristocrat is praised by the community. They added something new to the old formula and made gameplay more interactive and exciting. Additionally, they gave players more options in terms of strategy, which is really refreshing. This slot has been a big success and Aristocrat has made other games with this link feature.
- Can I Play Dragon Link Pokies Online Free Games?
Unfortunately no. There are other very similar slots that are heavily inspired by this release from Aristocrat. You can either play those or visit a brick-and-mortar casino if you wish to play Dragon Link specifically.
- What’s the Best Dragon Link Online Real Money Game I Should Try?
You should try at least 3 versions so that you get to experience unique bonus rounds. So either play the Panda Magic or Happy and Prosperous, then Genghis Khan or Peace and Long Life, and finally either Peacock Princess or Spring Festival.
- How Much to Bet on Dragon Link Pokies?
Try with a lower bet amount, since the game has below-average RTP. If you want as many shots as possible to win the progressive jackpot, then bet the lowest amount possible.
- Are There Any Dragon Link Tricks to Improve the Win Rate?
Play all versions for free to test the bonus round hit frequency. Peacock Princess and Spring Festival have a neat bonus round where you can score quite frequently.
- What Are the Rules for Dragon Link Pokies?
Every game in the series has different rules when it comes to bonus rounds. However, they all have a hold and spin feature where you need to collect as many globes of fire as possible to win small or big jackpots.